The Wooster School Athletics community recently gathered for the Upper School Fall Sports Season Celebration.
Wooster School's athletic celebrations are a unique experience. The athletics department continues to seek ways to balance the "team" experience with that of the "individual." Finding room for student-athletes, coaches, and parents to reflect and share their favorite memories is a community and team building exercise and one that we feel is important to the success of our program.
Our athletic celebration began as a whole group. After a brief introduction; teams, along with their parents and coaches, moved to locations to share their experiences, talk about the growth they have seen over the course of the season, and celebrate the shared experience.
The night concluded with beverages, fruit, and snacks; and the handing out of traditional awards. This celebration was personal and meaningful as we continue to be "Minding What Matters" in all areas of school life.
Listed below are all of the night's individual award winners.
Varsity Coed Cross Country (Boys)
- Most Valuable Player: Luca Segalla
- The Wooster General Award: Braden Langis
- Coaches Award: Christopher Strilowich and Vladimir Schwindeman-Romano
Varsity Coed Cross Country (Girls)
- Most Valuable Player: Izzy Garcia-Fischer
- The Wooster General Award: Emily Cavenagh
- Coaches Award: Hailey Looney and Lily Newman
Junior Varsity Boys Soccer
- Most Valuable Player: Patrick Xue
- The Wooster General Award: Cole Breen
- Coaches Award: Patrick Rejman
Varsity Boys Soccer
- Most Valuable Players: Parker Etzbach
- The Wooster General Award: Brandon Caraballo
- Coaches Award: Joey Everett
Varsity Girls Soccer
- Most Valuable Player: Meghan Bourgeault
- The Wooster General Award: Darby Drahzal and Jaya Singhal
- Coaches Award: Kat Mancinone
Junior Varsity Girls Volleyball
- Most Valuable Player: Shelby Bernstein
- The Wooster General Award: Summer Qian
- Coaches Award: Michaela Yang
Varsity Girls Volleyball
- Most Valuable Player: Emma Shorten
- The Wooster General Award: Jillian Schnaudigel and Tori Ingulli
- Coaches Award: Michaela Zahner