The Wooster School Athletics community gathered on Tuesday night for the Upper School Spring Sports Season Celebration.
Wooster School's athletic celebrations are a unique experience. The athletics department continues to seek ways to balance the "team" experience with that of the "individual." Finding room for student-athletes, coaches, and parents to reflect and share their favorite memories is a community and team building exercise and one that we feel is important to the success of our program.
Our athletic celebration began as a whole group. After a brief introduction; teams, along with their parents and coaches, moved to locations to share their experiences, talk about the growth they have seen over the course of the season, and celebrate the shared experience.
The night concluded with beverages, fruit, and snacks; and the handing out of traditional awards. This celebration was personal and meaningful as we continue to be "Minding What Matters" in all areas of school life.
Listed below are all of the night's individual award winners.
- Most Valuable Player: Chris Komar and Max Morales-Thomason
- The Wooster General Award: Michael Lynch
- Coaches Award: Michaela Yang
Varsity Boys Tennis
- Most Valuable Player: Charlie Stuhr
- The Wooster General Award: Andrew Felton
- Coaches Award: Brady Knuff
Varsity Girls Tennis
- Most Valuable Player: Alix Wadehra
- The Wooster General Award: Catherine Wang
- Coaches Award: Serena Sheth
- Most Valuable Player: Todd Blamires
- The Wooster General Award: Charlie Snow
- Coaches Award: Will Fandetti
Varsity Boys Lacrosse
- Most Valuable Player: Colin Costigan
- The Wooster General Award: Jacob Smith
- Coaches Award: Jonathane Bernandez
Varsity Girls Lacrosse
- Most Valuable Player: Alice Purkiss
- The Wooster General Award: Savanna Sikorski
- Coaches Award: Kate Hynes and Libby Hinshaw
Varsity Ultimate Frisbee
- Most Valuable Player: Anthony Vines
- The Wooster General Award: Cooper Byrnes
- Coaches Award: Simon Felicione