The Wooster School Athletics community recently gathered for the Upper School Winter Sports Season Celebration.
Wooster School's athletic celebrations are a unique experience. The athletics department continues to seek ways to balance the "team" experience with that of the "individual." Finding room for student-athletes, coaches, and parents to reflect and share their favorite memories is a community and team building exercise and one that we feel is important to the success of our program.
Our athletic celebration began with a recognition of Coach Dave MacNutt for his 26 years of unrivaled success as the Wooster School Girls Varsity Basketball coach. Then each team, along with their parents and coaches, moved to locations to share their experiences, talk about the growth they have seen over the course of the season, and celebrate the shared experience.
The night concluded with beverages, fruit, and snacks; and the handing out of traditional awards. This celebration was personal and meaningful as we continue to be "Minding What Matters" in all areas of school life.
Listed below are all of the night's individual award winners.
Varsity Boys Basketball
- Most Valuable Player: Chris Torres
- The Wooster General Award: Sean Fullerton
- Coaches Award: Cooper Byrnes
Varsity Girls Basketball
- Most Valuable Player: Frances Ryan
- The Wooster General Award: Khamya Christodonte
- Coaches Award: Evie Zahner
Varsity Boys Hockey
- Most Valuable Player: Drew Greeley
- The Wooster General Award: Jacob Smith
- Coaches Award: Jack Caiola
Junior Varsity Boys Basketball
- Most Valuable Player: Brooks Byrnes
- The Wooster General Award: Robert Gabrik
- Coaches Award: Joey Everett
Junior Varsity Girls Basketball
- Most Valuable Player: Bailey Fleming
- The Wooster General Award: Lulu Carone
- Coaches Award: Lillie Shipman
House Boys Basketball
- Most Valuable Player: Parker Etzbach
- The Wooster General Award: Reggie Stuhr
- Coaches Award: Cole Breen