The Wooster School Athletics community recently gathered for the Upper School Fall Sports Season Celebration.
Wooster School's athletic celebrations are a unique experience. The athletics department continues to seek ways to balance the "team" experience with that of the "individual." Finding room for student-athletes, coaches, and parents to reflect and share their favorite memories is a community and team building exercise and one that we feel is important to the success of our program.
Our athletic celebration began as a whole group. After a brief introduction; teams, along with their parents and coaches, moved to locations to share their experiences, talk about the growth they have seen over the course of the season, and celebrate the shared experience.
The night concluded with beverages, fruit, and snacks; and the handing out of traditional awards. This celebration was personal and meaningful as we continue to be "Minding What Matters" in all areas of school life.
Listed below are all of the night's individual award winners.
Varsity Coed Cross Country (Boys)
- Most Valuable Player: Luca Segalla
- The Wooster General Award: Jonathane Bernardez
- Coaches Award: Reed Baker
Varsity Coed Cross Country (Girls)
- Most Valuable Player: Julia Bauer
- The Wooster General Award: Ingrid Li
- Coaches Award: Lauren Guzzardi
Junior Varsity Boys Soccer
- Most Valuable Player: Patrick Xue
- The Wooster General Award: Drew Fortson
- Coaches Award: Will Fandetti
Varsity Boys Soccer
- Most Valuable Players: Alan Jos, Jack Barsh
- The Wooster General Award: Jacob Smith
- Coaches Award: Cooper Byrnes
Varsity Girls Soccer
- Most Valuable Player: Meghan Bourgeault
- The Wooster General Award: Alix Wadehra
- Coaches Award: Savanna Sikorski
Junior Varsity Girls Volleyball
- Most Valuable Player: Tori Ingulli
- The Wooster General Award: Lily Newman
- Coaches Award: Alex Ancona
Varsity Girls Volleyball
- Most Valuable Player: Mimi Pelton-McCormick
- The Wooster General Award: Karelin Dominguez
- Coaches Award: Emma Shorten
- 4-Year Commitment Award: Tyler Wagnblas