The Wooster School Athletics community gathered on Tuesday night for the Upper School Winter Sports Season Celebration.
Wooster School's athletic celebrations are a unique experience. The athletics department continues to seek ways to balance the "team" experience with that of the "individual." Finding room for student-athletes, coaches, and parents to reflect and share their favorite memories is a community and team building exercise and one that we feel is important to the success of our program.
Our athletic celebration began as a whole group. After a brief introduction; teams, along with their parents and coaches, moved to locations to share their experiences, talk about the growth they have seen over the course of the season, and celebrate the shared experience.
The night concluded with beverages, fruit, and snacks; and the handing out of traditional awards. This celebration was personal and meaningful as we continue to be "Minding What Matters" in all areas of school life.
Listed below are all of the night's individual award winners.
Varsity Boys Basketball
- Most Valuable: Chris Torres
- Most Improved: Charlie Gabrik
- Coaches Award: Bennett Wattles
Varsity Girls Basketball
- Most Valuable: Morgan McCutcheon
- Most Improved: Brittany Reid
- Coaches Award: Caylynn Maldonado
Co-ed Alpine Skiing
- Most Valuable: Reed Baker
- Most Improved: Zack Liu
- Coaches Award: Liam Weaver
Junior Varsity Boys Basketball
- Most Valuable: Anthony Vines
- Most Improved: Arthur Zhou
- Coaches Award: Ben Everett
Junior Varsity Girls Basketball
- Most Valuable: Morgan Reilly
- Most Improved: Lily Newman
- Coaches Award: Darby Drahzal
Junior Varsity Boys Hockey
- Most Valuable: Cole Hollett
- Most Improved: Tom Holloway
- Coaches Award: Kieran Greeley