How to Apply for Variable Tuition
We at Wooster believe that the cost of tuition should not prohibit families from considering admission. An established Variable Tuition Assistance ensures that the Wooster School experience is affordable to many rather than a few.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in our variable tuition process. To begin your variable tuition application, you will complete SSS's Parents' Financial Statement (PFS).
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. Give yourself the time you need by not waiting until the deadline to begin. You'll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at School and Student Services.
We will communicate our variable tuition decision to you. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices, and available budget.
How to Complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) Online
- Beginning October 1, 2020 go to School and Student Services
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2021-22. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed submit, you'll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $55 is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system.
- After you pay for and submit your PFS, you'll have access on the PFS Online to a section called "Manage Documents."
- You can upload the additional documents we require there.
How to Submit Additional Required Documents Online
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files. Strike out your social security number.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2020-21 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the "My Documents" tab.
- On the "My Documents" page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the "Date Uploaded" column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete. We ask SSS to verify the current and prior year's tax documents.
If you wish to submit required documents by mail, send to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: SSS by NAIS, Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021. If you need help completing the PFS, contact SSS customer service at (800) 344-8328.
Here is Key Information You Need to Know About our School as you Complete the PFS
- Our school's full name: Wooster School Our school's SSS code: 8314
- Contact information for Variable Tuition: Will Sacco: 203-830-3916; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due date for completing the PFS: Returning Students – December 9, 2020 New Students – February 1, 2021
- Due date for submitting additional documents (see below):
- Documents we require when available to submit, in addition to the PFS:
- Returning families: 2020 Federal lncome Tax Return and all schedules, W2 forms and, if applicable, 1099’s, Business Profit & Loss Statement. 2019 tax returns must be in the system.
- New Families: 2019 with application and 2020, when available, Federal lncome Tax Returns and all schedules, W2 forms and, if applicable, 1099’s, Business Profit & Loss Statement.