How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Wooster School. Wooster School is an independent, co-educational college preparatory day school, serving students from Fairfield and Westchester Counties. Located in Danbury, Connecticut, the School serves students from Pre-K through grade 12.
A leader in classroom innovation and teaching, Wooster School is a place where thinking and learning are personal, meaningful, and visible; and where faculty work closely with students in small classes and cohorts to think and communicate critically and creatively. At Wooster, every student participates, every student contributes, and every student learns and develops the necessary skills to be a life-long learner and leader in college and life beyond.
Upcoming Admission Events
All School Open House
Tuesday, November 28 at 6:30 pm
Contact the Office of Admission at 203-830-3916 or email@example.com to schedule your visit.
Schedule a Campus Tour by calling the Admission Office at 203-830-3916.
These informal, student-led tours offer prospective students and their parents a glimpse of the academic day and student life at Wooster School.
1. Download the appropriate Admission checklist and divisional forms
(please review for a complete list of application requirements)
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
Lower School Grades 1-5
Middle and Upper School Grades 6-12
Prospect Program Grades 6-8
- Prospect Program Grade 6 Required Forms Packet
- Prospects Program Grades 7 through 8 Required Forms Packet
Bridge Program Grades 9-11
3. Student Visits
Schedule Classroom Visitation and Interview by calling the Admission Office at 203-830-3916. Visits are scheduled when the application and application fee is received.
- PreK, Kindergarten, and Grade 1: Your child will be scheduled for an individual development assessment and a visit to the classroom.
- Grades 2-5: Your child will be invited to come in for a class visit. The applicant will visit in his or her current grade and participate in daily activities.
- Grades 6-12: Each applicant is required to spend 1/2 day shadowing a student, participating, and observing a typical day. During the day, a member of the Office of Admission will interview the applicant. Students applying to Grades 6 and 9 will visit in those grades while students applying to other grades will visit in their current grade.
Applicants, Grades 6-10, take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Wooster is an ISEE test site. You may sit for the exam on December 9, January 6, or February 10 by registering at www.iseetest.org. You may register for the SSAT online at www.ssat.org.